2019 Men's Cartel EST Snowboard Binding | Burton
MEN'S BURTON CARTEL EST SNOWBOARD BINDING
Tested and proven technologies, combined in a legendary blend of comfort, performance, and all-terrain versatility.
Standing the test of time takes more than a rugged attitude – at a certain point, you just have to evolve. That’s just what the Burton Cartel binding has done, with the new Hammockstrap™ 2.0, Smooth Glide™ buckles, and years of development in each crank of the ratchet. Available in two versions, choose the across-the-board compatibility of Re:Flex™ or the ultimate flex and feel of EST® and experience a new era in pro-caliber control. The Hinge (on the EST® version only) activates medial and lateral flex for a smoother feel and easier ollies, while AutoCANT cushioning on both the EST and Re:Flex versions automatically tilts to put you in the most comfortable position possible.
MOUNTING SYSTEM : EST
RESPONSE : Stiff
- DUAL-COMPONENT BASEPLATE CONSTRUCTION : The material underfoot is softer than the material alongside the lateral edges. This creates a ride that is softer underfoot, yet stiffer edge to edge for a perfect balance of response and board feel.
- EST® BASEPLATE CONSTRUCTION : By removing the materials from beneath your feet and replacing them with cushioning, we are able to drastically reduce weight and explore entirely new designs. With EST®, the possibilities for flex and feel are infinite, and so are the stance options. Get it all without ever sacrificing the edge-to-edge power you know and trust.
- THE HINGE : This Burton-exclusive technology flexes dynamically with your leg for increased foot roll, less fatigue, and easier ollies. Featured on the Genesis X EST®, Genesis EST, Malavita EST, and Cartel EST.
- 30% SHORT-GLASS/NYLON COMPOSITE SPAR : Slightly more responsive than the 18% short-glass/nylon composite, yet still plenty playful.
- 45% SHORT-GLASS/NYLON COMPOSITE LOWER : Carbon performance without killing your credit card.
- SINGLE-COMPONENT HI-BACK CONSTRUCTION : The simplicity of a one-piece hi-back means immediate response. Using our book of material secrets, we can manipulate the overall flex profile—from buttery to responsive.
- CANTED LIVING HINGE™ : This exclusive technology eliminates hardware and weight, and allows you to adjust your Forward Lean and hi-back rotation independently.
- ZERO FORWARD LEAN HI-BACK : Riders who prefer a more playful and relaxed feel will dig the Zero Forward Lean design on select hi-backs. As always, you can still choose to crank ‘em forward for quicker control when carving or climbing icy pipe walls.
- DIALFLAD™ : The higher the Forward Lean angle on your hi-backs, the quicker your heel-edge turns. Crank ’em forward for icy hits in the pipe like Danny does, or back ’em off for jibbing. For mind-blowing micro-adjustability, our MicroFLAD™ systems give you twice the options of our traditional FLAD.
- HAMMOCKSTRAP™ 2.0 : Everything our team riders love about the Hammockstrap, but paired with Smooth Glide™ buckles for a reduced profile and more comfortable fit. Featured exclusively on the Re:Flex™ and EST® versions of the Cartel. • Stitchless, Minimized Injected Design • Ultra-Responsive 3D® Curved, Triple Axis Spine • Ultra-Light Engineered Padding Remains Soft in Cold Temps
- GETTAGRIP CAPSTRAP™ : Grippy rubber wraps response around the toe of the boot for a locked in fit and pressure-free comfort. • Grip Fit Rubber • 3D® Curved, Triple Axis Spine • Ultra-Minimized Capstrap™ Construction with True Wrap Toe Window • Conformable as Capstrap or Toe Strap
- SMOOTH GLIDE™ BUCKLES : Feel how easy buckling in can be with the most reliable buckles in the industry. Available in two versions on our men’s and women’s bindings, choose single-component for all day buckling pleasure; or the upgraded performance of our dual-component design which offers a polycarbonate barrel for improved ratchet tongue life. All buckles feature aluminum levers and steel bases for strength you can trust.
- AUTOCANT SENSORYBED™ CUSHIONING SYSTEM : Dual-density EVA automatically settles your boot into a natural position regardless of stance width or angles for improved comfort, reduced fatigue, and more direct board control.
- B3 GEL : The same cushioning found in our high-end boots for ultimate dampening that’s formulated to withstand repeated impacts without breaking down or hardening up in cold temps.
BURTON BINDINGS WARRANTY : All Burton binding baseplates are backed by a LIFETIME WARRANTY. All Burton binding straps and hi-backs are backed by a one-year warranty from date of purchase. Coverage is limited to bindings from 2005 until the present. Our W48 Warranty Program ensures that should you have a problem, we'll have your claim repaired or replaced and on its way back to you within two business days of receiving it.